Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Elmarit-R 90mm 2.8 cleaning howto?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:09 pm    Post subject: Elmarit-R 90mm 2.8 cleaning howto? Reply with quote

Hi,

Recently I obtained an Elmarit-R 90mm f/2.8 lens, but unfortunately the inner lens elements contain some fungus I guess. I attempted to open up the lens to give it some cleaning, but I get stuck from either side. How does one get off the front lens elements and how does the back lens come off?

At the back I managed to screw off the inner ring of the back lens, but then it appears to be very firmly fixed to the lens barrel??

At the front I can see the places where the wrench must be placed, but the hood and the filter ring are in the way.

Some other lenses I did in the past were much easier to get into, like a CZJ Flek 35/2.8, some Pentacons etc, heck even some Japanese stuff. Is there anyone who can give me some guidance here, preferably with some pics?

Would be very much appreciated Smile

With kind regards,

Crispian