Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Bargain 200/4.5 pre-set...I wonder who made it?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:23 pm    Post subject: Bargain 200/4.5 pre-set...I wonder who made it? Reply with quote

Hi all

I was surprised to wake up this morning and find that I won this last night, as the only bidder for £4.99! The postage was more than the lens Shocked

It's quite a modern looking pre-set from 1981 and I haven't found any others that look similar...does anyone know who may have made this?

Thanks in advance

Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:32 pm    Post subject: bargain telephoto Reply with quote

I don't know who made this lens but it is identical to a Hanimar 200mm f4.5 telephoto that I purchased for $20.00 CAD some years back. I have found it to be quite sharp, equal to a Pentax M200 f4 lens. It appears to be the same lens as sold by many others. I still use it from time to time with my Pentax K110d. Enjoy your bargain.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: bargain telephoto Reply with quote

gimp wrote:
I don't know who made this lens but it is identical to a Hanimar 200mm f4.5 telephoto that I purchased for $20.00 CAD some years back. I have found it to be quite sharp, equal to a Pentax M200 f4 lens. It appears to be the same lens as sold by many others. I still use it from time to time with my Pentax K110d. Enjoy your bargain.

Wow, thanks for the info! Sounds like I could have some fun with this one Smile It was a random bid, because I wasn't really desparate for a 200 prime, but for that price in that condition, I just couldn't leave it Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the resemblance to Hanimar/Hanimex brand lenses. The only difference seems to be the cover of the focus ring and the color of the box - the Hanimex boxes were blue.

I think these were made as very cheap generic lenses, its amazing how they were still being sold in the 1980's.

I have no idea who the maker was either.