Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Novoflex bellow identification request
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:12 pm    Post subject: Novoflex bellow identification request Reply with quote

Hope you can help me out: I have an old novoflex bellows with the letter U on it. I can get an adapter for my Nikon d300, but the problem is the lens-side of the bellows. What kind of adapter can I get? I have a nice super takumar 50mm f1.4 that I would like to use, but an adapter for Minolta-lenses would be ok as well. Can you help?
Best regards Rolf

Last edited by Rolf_W_L on Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:32 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Rolf!

I did move here , I hope this is a better place to get answer fast. Unfortunately I can't answer.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your bellow is BAL-U the mount on the front is a Novoflex mount.
Andreas

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:13 am    Post subject: Novoflex-mount Reply with quote

Bon jour, Andreas, ca va?
Thank you for your reply. Then the next question is: do you know if there are adapters available to mount lenses of other makes (f.inst. Nikon, Minolta, SuperTakumar) on the bellow? The dimension of this Novoflex mount is different (larger) than the mount on the camera-side of the bellow.
Rolf

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's a BAL-U you have bad luck. Their purpose was to be used with the Noflexar follow focus system. So Novoflex produced only adapters for the rear mount. If you have a friend with CNC you may ask him to make an adapter for the front mount.
Andreas

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:16 am    Post subject: Novoflex bellows Reply with quote

I have three versions - one with my "fast-focus" Noflexar 5,6/400 and one with a Noflexar 4,0/200 bellows head - if you look to the lens connectors, you' ll see the Novoflex version (left) and a 39mm Leica-thread (right), which is matching the LEIAN backside of the bellows-head (middle) - as far as I know, your bellows is the left one, which was particularly made for Novoflex" fast-focus" lenses and there are no lens adaptors available....on the camera side both have the Novoflex-Connector, for which you can get all sorts of camera adaptor rings.....which also works for the third one, that is both-sides 42mm thread (below) - this is the one I used for the pictures with the Pentacon lens.....

for illustration some pictures:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same for my follow focus system (400mm). NOVOFLEX in Memmingen is very flexible and able to always help, they can certainly make an adaptor (call their service dept.) - they did for me.

The cheaper solution in total may be to find another used bellows though

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe a LEICO will work for you. It converts M42 Lenses to M39 Leica
Search in this catalogue

http://www.google.de/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=9&ved=0CB0QFjAI&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.novoflex.com%2Fde%2Finfo%2Fdownload%2F%2B%2Ffile%2Fnovoflex___uvp_preisliste_2009.pdf%2F&rct=j&q=M42+Objektive+an+M39+anschlie%C3%9Fen&ei=h6D6SpnXFIGImwOU6dHACg&usg=AFQjCNEoDJ82he4uzoJ7VASN6kNUlVsKTw

Maybe this can help. I search for the same to use my long Leica Lenses on the M39 mount of this bellow..

Its the same M39 Mount as yours. Look at the catalogue from novoflex in the link. Its a pdf file.

Cheers
Henry

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: THANK YOU Reply with quote

Dear all, I love this forum already! Thanks for your prompt replies, I believe I have come to the end of my enquiries for now; the only answer lacking is from Novoflex in Germany - unless someone somewhere knows something until now undisclosed Smile
All the best, Rolf
PS: If I get info from Novoflex that is contrary to the info in this tread, I will of course let you now - but I guess I wont have to Smile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S.: I have a universal bellows system sitting around unused (since I have many), which allows several lens mounts and several camera mounts in schange. very unique and also automatic aperture control for all systems (!!!), just in case...

This is it: http://www.macrolenses.de/ao_detail.php?AdonsNr=10

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Klaus,

Nice to see this bellows system. I actually have picked up a few adapters that appear to be for this system - Pentax, Olympus and Minolta. I don't have the bellows though, nor a great need for it. If you'd appreciate the Pentax rings, just let me know.