Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Agfa APX 100 @400
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:32 pm    Post subject: Agfa APX 100 @400 Reply with quote

It's more like an experiment. I put a roll of Agfa APX 100 and "pushed" it at 400. Developed in Rodinal 1:50 - 29min. 20 gr.C .

Konica TC + Hexanon 50mm f:1.7 - sunny 16 rule was used.

(c) Cosmin Munteanu

(c) Cosmin Munteanu

(c) Cosmin Munteanu

(c) Cosmin Munteanu

(c) Cosmin Munteanu

(c) Cosmin Munteanu

(c) Cosmin Munteanu

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive Cosmin, you have a super grainy effect with the images that I like a lot, your b+w photography is really very inspiring Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Number 3,4,6,
#3 is a great shot. That one should go in your Portfolio.
I find the grain to be fine except for #7 as it looks more like sharpened scanner noise.
# 3 and 6 show the importance of getting the right exposure even with the massive latitude of BW film. Pushing the film has also done so much to help the flat light of a dull winter day. Good Photography.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much.

For #3 maybe moving the camera to a lower position in a way to not "cut" the old man's hand would have been a better solution regarding the composition.

Here I found some samples with a Agfa APX 100 pushed to 800 http://www.flickr.com/groups/bw_film-dev_combinations/discuss/72157609604739568/

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like No 4 best, I wonder what they're talking about. The contrast on these shots is superb Cosmin, is that because you pushed the film or some other reason?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.
Well, I don't know. It's the first time I used properly Rodinal in 1:50 dilution and I think I'll stay with 1:50 or 1:100. No more 1:25 at which the contrast is more harsh. 1:50 seems to be better. The "Winter evening" topic I used APX 400 at 1;100 dilution (Rodinal) for one hour (first minute and half hour agitation).