Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Leica Elmarit-R 180/2.8 disassembly
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:20 pm    Post subject: Leica Elmarit-R 180/2.8 disassembly Reply with quote

I have the Elmarit-R 180/2.8 lens in 2nd gen and it was a sweet piece of glass until one day the focusing ring got loose. Now it rotates freely without moving the lens barrel. I wonder if anyone here has an experience with disassembling these lenses and could give me some repair hints.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured that out. There was nothing broken in the lens, just a tension ring that got loose. I disassembled the entire back part of the lens body but it was an interesting learning experience. Leica's design is very logical.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pirius wrote:
I figured that out. There was nothing broken in the lens, just a tension ring that got loose. I disassembled the entire back part of the lens body but it was an interesting learning experience. Leica's design is very logical.

German. Simple like hammer Wink I love their stuff. Also true one of my most heated lens was steinheil 85mm f2.8 it is awful inside , plastic an 100 small screw.