Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

6x6 Coupled RF Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject: 6x6 Coupled RF Suggestions Reply with quote

I've posted similar on the Rangefinder forum, but I'll try here as this is where I spend most of my time.

I'm after a folder with a decent lens; MUST have coupled RF and be 6x6.

I have a an Iskra here which I've been refunded for and I am not sure I'm in a hurry to get another. The Agfa Isolette I have I really like, so I am looking for a Super Isolette. The Super Ikonta B and Ensign Autorange are also on the list.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you looked at the late Fuji rangefinders? They had really cracking optics Wink

Though perhaps a bit modern looking for your refined tastes Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In term of IQ best one what I did try Certo SIX, sadly RF mirror is gone in 99% need to replace it.
Super IKONTA IV perfect camera but 2x more at least.

An external RF or a 6x9 or 6x4,5 camera ?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you had really big budget, I´d go for Mamiya6. but it´s far more expensive than any folder:(

so if you stay with mamiya, there´s cheaper solution - Mamiya Six:)

http://camerapedia.wikia.com/wiki/Mamiya_Six

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are versions of the Certo Super Sport Dolly that have a coupled range finder and excellent lenses. These are pre-war cameras.

And the Fuji GF670 does 6x6, for only $1,664

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moscow 5. Can do 6x6 or 6x9.

K.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont have one, but ive read the moskva 5 has an awful viewfinder. mamiya also makes a 6x6 folder called, confusingly enough, the mamiya 6. i believe it has a coupled rf and i think an 80mm lens. i have heard great things about it and i think it goes for a couple hundred bucks, though ive seen them go for as low as $125. i am strongly considering this option myself once i sell my P6 rig.

the non folding mamiya 6, much more modern, is supposedly one of the best iq mf cams of all time, and also quite compact as lenses recede into the body. this is supposedly THE mf street cam. runs about $1-1200 with 75mm lens.

fuji just came out with a brand new folder called the fuji 67 i believe. it does 6x6and6x7 costing about $1500 or less if you look hard.

Last edited by rbelyell on Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like my Balda Super Baldax with Enna Ennit 75mm 2.8. For me it was a cheap purchase (€ 25,=).

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agfa Super Isolette.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mihama Six S or Six S2. 1950-s era Japanese folders that shot 6X6 OR 6X4.5. Only the S and S2 had coupled rangefinders. Most Mihama Six models appeared to be RFs but actually had one VF for each negative size. So be careful because you can get a Mihama Six for about $50 thinking it's an RF and find out the hard way it isn't.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:
I like my Balda Super Baldax with Enna Ennit 75mm 2.8. For me it was a cheap purchase (€ 25,=).
This sounds promising. How is the IQ?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
the non folding mamiya 6, much more modern, is supposedly one of the best iq mf cams of all time, and also quite compact as lenses recede into the body. this is supposedly THE mf street cam. runs about $1-1200 with 75mm lens.

fuji just came out with a brand new folder called the fuji 67 i believe. it does 6x6and6x7 costing about $1500 or less if you look hard.

The modern Mamiya 6 is very expensive over here.

The Fuji sounds interesting.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats too bad, as you can get it here for a few hundred less than the fuji. if you see one you want here i coul try to be intermediary...

also keep the older mamiya folder in mind!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the Fuji goes for more than a new 5dii Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some try to sell the fuji for over $2000, but i have seen it frequently for $13-1500usd.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All inexpensive and works perfectly well with external RF

http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/filmcamera/german/welta/weltax-carl-zeiss-jena-tessar-6x6/
http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/filmcamera/german/franka/franka_solida_3/

http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/filmcamera/german/Zeiss/zeiss_ikon_nettar_novar_anastigmat_provia_100/
http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/filmcamera/german/agfa-isolette-II-apotar-85mm/