Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zorki 4 my first own rangefinder. Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:58 pm    Post subject: Zorki 4 my first own rangefinder. Questions Reply with quote

OK so i was after a Jupiter 8 to mount on the NEX and i wanted the silver version and i spotted this very nice looking zorki on ebay for £20 buy it now but collection only, Contacted the seller and arranged a courier for a few pounds and had it collected. Seems to be in good shape curtains dont leak light but if i drop the speed to anything lower than 125 the curtains seem to stay open until i wind it on, I am hoping to put some film through it and test the camera but wanted to know if there is any tests that i can do to determine the issue with speeds slower than 125 or if i can fix it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old grease is the issue I expect. You can try winding it on and firing it a few dozen times and seeing if that clears it. Otherwise, a CLA.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eddie, I have exactly the same problem with one of my Zorkis. I had it too, many years ago, with the 3M, which is the same mechanism. I guess it's inherent with these cameras.

I found a very good How-To CLA on the rangefinder forum which I'm going to follow when I get time. It's for the 4K, but the shutter is identical. You need to register and log in to see the pictures:

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33914