Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mir-24H at f/2 and minimal focus distance.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject: Mir-24H at f/2 and minimal focus distance. Reply with quote

Thanks to Orio's recent post regarding Mir-24H I bought one.
After slight lens modification so I can mount it on my K10D I did some table top shots just to see how it behaves at f/2.

Mir-24N @ f/2

Mir-24N @ f/2

Mir-24N @ f/2 - 100% crop of the image above. You can almost see what the Tiramisu is made of:)

The other great thing that I like about this lens is that it can focus really close at 24mm.

When I have some more time I will do some comparison tests between Mir-24N, Re-Auto Topcor 35mm f/2.8, and Mir-1.

Last edited by voe on Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:44 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! I should urgently take this lens! Great result!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am beginning to hate ORIO now Razz Very Happy !!
He always increases my list by atleast one lense every month. And damn he is always right too !
I have 5 items on my list i never wanted to buy, but i will Mad Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a few more from Mir-24N

My conclusion is that is not a bokeh king, but which 35mm is..
I like it for the sum if its qualities. It does everything well, which makes it a very useful lens for various purposes.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should buy this Exclamation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I just realized you have an unfair advantage over many of the other members!

Its summer down there.

Seriously though great photos. The bike and the trackball show excellent, rich, subtle colours. The 100% crop of the chocolate box photo shows great clarity (you can see the ink dot patterns very clearly and also how they fade off, away from the plane of focal sharpness).

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting, nice pics. Reminds me a LOT of the 25/2.8 Distagon.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great results ! this looks like one hell of a lens. Very Happy