Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

December Street Shots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: December Street Shots Reply with quote

3 of my ‘Street’ street shots from December. I have posted the full set on my Blog
An evening shot taken while out doing the Christmas lights
Tamron Adaptal f2.5 105mm lens K10D 1600 iso hand held
Reflections

Make me an offer
Pentax SMC f2.8 28mm on the K100D (A coat pocket DSLR and lens)

Ladder
Tamron Adaptall2 f3.5 200mm lens for this one. A lens I don’t use often, only because 200 is often too long or too short.

All my December shots are on my ‘Street Blog’ They were different lenses and cameras I’m afraid at least 50+% of them are G5 or GX100. (A quicker option for Street stuff)
http://robstreet.blogspot.com/2008/12/strret-december.html
Photos on the Blog enlarge if you click on the image

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The second image, "Make Me an Offer", simply SPARKLES. Very nice gradation of tones, deep blacks yet good shadow detail.

I guess what really makes this one shine is the mutlitude of tones all the way from inky black to purest whites.

Nice composition too...there are a lot of elements there, but the balance is very good.

NICE work.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Laurence said, the second shot is really special for so many reasons - the tones and composition are good, but the expressions on these faces make this a priceless image.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laurence wrote:
The second image, "Make Me an Offer", simply SPARKLES. Very nice gradation of tones, deep blacks yet good shadow detail.

I guess what really makes this one shine is the mutlitude of tones all the way from inky black to purest whites.

Nice composition too...there are a lot of elements there, but the balance is very good.

NICE work.

Thanks. I now do my BW conversions in the RAW ACR converter. It gives good control.
The Boot Sale always produces a couple of decent shots. There are a great variety of characters there. With this shot I was lucky with the low sunlight being at the right angle to catch both men.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey people nobody did vote for first one ?

That one is also superb!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Attila that is one of my favourites from the month. I have a little camera shake on it (Night time 100mm lens hand held) but I think it is acceptable.
I hope some of you have the time to see the other 30+ December shots.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Hey people nobody did vote for first one ?

That one is also superb!

I do!
For me it's the best, it speaks to me.
Great one Rob.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the last photo!

It has some 50'-60' atmosphere in it.