Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Cleaning Flektogon 65mm focusing threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject: Cleaning Flektogon 65mm focusing threads Reply with quote

Any idea as to how to get to the threads and what grease to use? The lens is
in really great shape, but the focusing is very stiff. If I heat the lens a little bit with a hairdryer it becomes much smoother, but as it cools it becomes tight again.

I don't want to damage the lens by disassembling the wrong way, if anyone has experience with CLA of this lens please help.

Thanks!

tom story
SF, CA, USA

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rare lens I don't think so you will get answer I just hope, in generally all old DDR lens pretty much same how you can disassemble and assembly, I suggest to take a very cheap and common zebra tessar and get practice before doing anything.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Flek 65 is not often found, and I think it is a fine lens to boot. Be careful with it, of course!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps you can uise it: http://stephenrc.com/flektogon.htm.

Good luck. Rino.