Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

disassembly suggestion Canon 135 LTM
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:53 pm    Post subject: disassembly suggestion Canon 135 LTM Reply with quote

HI all,

I recently picked up a black Canon 135mm f/3.5 in LTM (see photos below). Unfortunately almost all the internal elements have what appears to be a heavy haze, and maybe some light fungus. I was just going to sell the lens as is and not bother to try to clean it, but i have had it on Ebay for a while with nary a nibble. So perhaps it is worth taking a shot at a clean-up project.

It all looks very cleanable, but I can't seem to get past the second element from the top.

I can get the name ring off the front and the front element drops out, but the second element seems to be retained by a non-removable shoulder when viewed from the top. I could attempt to go in from the bottom, but the second element would then be on the other side of the diaphragm.

Does anyone with experience in taking these apart have any disassembly hints?

Thanks,

paul