Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

the old cost benefit dilema
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:05 am    Post subject: the old cost benefit dilema Reply with quote

I am thinking that my 400D is holding me back, I want wide!
I have about £300 tied up in a kowa with 55mm 150mm and 85mm which I dont use much because I cant afford the processing. lenses I suppose I could raise about £150 depending on how the wind is blowing with my rag tag bunch of MF lanses and maybe £150 with the the sigma 17-70 throw in the 400D at 1 year old I dont know I'd guess £250 So I have enough here to scrape together a 5D I'd say. landscapes is where I'd like to be doing just now and the 5D would fit the bill width wise. The 5d seems to be going for 750-850 at the moment. Or do I throw my money into a Canon EF 17-40mm f/4 USM L which I could use on my canon EOS 1n when I need wide with the digital full frame upgrade route available in the future.... What are your thoughts?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Bessa L + 15mm Heliar + Fuji slides.

I am perfectly fine with film for wide angle shoots.

To use other old cameras like Bessa RF make me so happy and give me lot of fun.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bob
£800 for a 5D is interesting, working with a big viewfinder is very different than the small hole of the 400D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want wide for landscapes - go for the 5D. It's a very nice camera.

But depending on your lens collection, be prepared for the "mirror surgery".

Compared to my 350D it is no match (much bigger viewfinder, very nice shutter sound, the size...