Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Christmas Cracker Steam Trains
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:30 am    Post subject: Christmas Cracker Steam Trains Reply with quote

Went to the Gloucester and Warwickshire Christmas Cracker Gala yesterday and spent most of the day with the Carl Zeiss Jena 29mm and the Pentacon 50mm,this manual lens stuff is habit forming,other shots can be seen at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/captainpenguin/sets/72157611563008696/

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely shots - particularly #1.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice shots. I agree #1 is a cracker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very famous engine in No 1 - City of Truro, I'd recognise it anywhere. I remember seeing it in service on the GW main line in the early 60s. Thanks for 3 great pictures.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
Very famous engine in No 1 - City of Truro, I'd recognise it anywhere. I remember seeing it in service on the GW main line in the early 60s. Thanks for 3 great pictures.

I should have known that! Anybody know about the engine in the third shot?
Once again very good photos. perfect exposure and perfect PP, as well as being an interesting subject.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent series. Very enjoyable.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Leslie wrote:
peterqd wrote:

I should have known that! Anybody know about the engine in the third shot?
Once again very good photos. perfect exposure and perfect PP, as well as being an interesting subject.

Sorry shou8ld have said the tender first engine is David Shepherds 9F Black Prince

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to see these old engines in use, not just on display in a museum.
Nice shots (#1 is my favorite).

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love these shots ! Very Happy
The trains are beautiful and very pleasing to view.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love steam locomotives. Nice shots.

I think that the locomotive in the third picture is a British Railways Standard Class 9F. At least one, number 92220 Evening Star, is a preserved.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are correct it is David Shepherds 9F Black Prince

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I grew up just after the war near Clapham Junction and well remember the thrill of watching these old steam trains coming roaring through, making everything shake. Lovely to see them alive and well

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was a kid my bedroom overlooked the Dudley to Birmingham line,only tank engines and a few grubby Tender engines but still a thrill for an 8 year old