Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikkor 180mm f/2.8 ED anyone else happy with it?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:19 pm    Post subject: Nikkor 180mm f/2.8 ED anyone else happy with it? Reply with quote

Hi all,
I received my Nikkor 180mm f/2.8 a few days ago. Today was its first outing. So I decided to post some shots here.

There is no post processing applied to these photos.

Taken at f/2.8

100% crop of the above

Taken at f/2.8

Full size link: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3258/3117448827_b97bcdc189_o.jpg

Like the smooth bokeh:

My initial impression is that this lens is very sharp even at f/2.8. It's very contrasty and have a good bokeh.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a nice lens indeed I kept for one year and sold after. Congrats for you new beauty.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this lens too. I believe it is the best 2.8 lens I have when shot wide open. It still surprises me how good the images are at f2.8.. Great lens. Also an excellent macro lens when set on an extension tube.

No close focus is my only complaint for this lens.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am another very happy user. It is quite compact for a lens of this focal length/speed. One of nikon's best.

patrickh

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voe, very contrasty and sharp lens. I am seriously amazed at the capability of this lens for the price quoted.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pictures. This, or the AF version, is on my wish list.