Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Interested in Voigtlander 58mm f/1.4 vs. Topcor 58mm f/1.4?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:43 am    Post subject: Interested in Voigtlander 58mm f/1.4 vs. Topcor 58mm f/1.4? Reply with quote

Since I bought the Voigtlander Nokton 58mm f/1.4 (made by Cosina) which is based on Re.Auto-Topcor 58mm f/1.4 made by Topcon, I always wondered how the original compared to its new copy.

My curiosity and lust for lenses made my pull the ebay trigger on a used Re.Auto-Topcor 58mm f/1.4. The lens came with oily and stuck aperture blades, some dust and unfortunately cracked rubber focusing grip.

It took me more than 10 hours to disassemble the lens to it's bits and pieces, clean, lubricate and reassemble it. What a relieve completing this.
Tomorrow (Sunday) I will do some comparisons between the Voigtlander and the Topcor.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I look forward to your results. Which Nokton do you have, the original SL or the new SL2?

P.S. Time to update your signature

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your interest Chris.
I published the result of the comparison here:
http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic,p,111549.html