Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zie ik de lichtjes van de Hrazdan...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Zie ik de lichtjes van de Hrazdan... Reply with quote

View over Yerevan at night as seen from the cemetery of Tegher. Tegher is a charming little hamlet with less then 100 inhabitants and a medieval monastery with improvised camping spot (Laughing), the best panir of all Armenia and a magnificent view over Yerevan and Mt Ararat into Turkey. The red hotspot at the right is Zvartnots International Airport. Panorama with ~140° FoV (2 rows of 7 exposures each, 16mm DX @ f/3.5, ISO1600, Nikon D80). This was far from an easy panorama. Stitching was difficult and has been done almost completely manually. Also, noise (ISO1600 with a D80 and 30 sec!), full moon, clouds and my inexperience with star photography made it quite difficult. But in my opinion, the result is good enough to show the world Wink Lens: Nikon 16-85mm VR @ 16mm in M mode, as it should be for panoramas Wink

A larger version can be found on my zenfolio site: http://fotomachi.zenfolio.com/p937303503

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice indeed , so detailed I love it!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi fotomachi -- the picture is BRILLIANT --

You had to put a lot of effort in this nice work!

---------------------

please, just translate the title -- I don't understand it Smile many thanks !

tf

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the comments Wink

Quote:
please, just translate the title -- I don't understand it Smile many thanks !

It's difficult to translate into English, since the complete title is an allusion to a Flemish song that is world-famous in Flanders but relatively - or let's say completely - unknown outside this little European region.
Zie ik de lichtjes van de Hrazdan, is't of ik naar Orion kijk is the complete title, and means something like: When I see the lights of the Hrazdan, it's as if I'm looking at Orion. The Hrazdan is a river that runs through Yerevan, and Orion... well, look up Smile