Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tair-3-phs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Tair-3-phs Reply with quote

I love this lens , would like to know if anyone else uses one on there dslr

mounted on the A200

Swan

Honey eater afternoon sun

pelican

silos infinity focus F8

Local floral emblem the Wattle, love the close focusing no cropping on this one

Blue Wren, been trying for ages to get a decent shot of one of these, they are tiny and fast. Hand held F8 1/320 iso400

Just need to make a tripod mount for this lens .
Thanks for looking

Dave

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots. I believe there are a couple of people on this forum who use that lens

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used it with my K100d on the photosniper worked very well, but sold the K100d. Still use it with the Samsung GX-10 and film cameras, but the K100 fitted the gun perfectly, and I fired it with a remote control taped to the stock above the trigger.
This fat carp was taken with it in my garden, and you have some great images with yours, most impressive Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've recently bought one. It's reasonably sharp with good colours and bokeh, but not razor sharp as I've seen others claim. Looking at the samples here it seems on par. Maybe I was expecting too much.

Mine won't quite focus to infinity. I may try a different adapter.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine copy was very sharp.
http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/russian_lens/tair/tair_3s-300mm_f4_5/tair-3s_300mm_f4_5-14.jpg.html

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is very sharp too.

I have uploaded full size images here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/voe/tags/tair3s/

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice sharp results in your gallery! Have you tried it with a 2xTC? I wonder if it would be interesting..

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought one (unaware) that was modified for soft focus.
It is totally dream like.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice series of Australian wildlife Dave. Having tried for an hour to get a decent shot of a Pelican in flight when I went to Sydney, I admire your skill, particularly with such a great lump of a lens. Great!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use and love it.

Sampels from Sony A700