Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Olympus OM 50mm f1.4 - sticky aperture
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:54 pm    Post subject: Olympus OM 50mm f1.4 - sticky aperture Reply with quote

I can get a OM 50mm f1.4 cheap because it has sticky aperture.
Any chance to reapir that?
Has anybody done it?

thank you,
kuuan - andreas

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, not difficult. I had 50mm f1.8 with stuck aperture, I put to local shop and they did clean it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you for your fast - and positiv reply Attila.
I'm afraid that shops in Vienna won't be chaep, but I know many in Bangkok, Hanoi, Delhi, Manila, Kathmandu, Denpasar asf. and they do a wonderful job Smile
Problem is that I don't have a camera I can mount it on ( though I remember member xtricky did the conversion to K mount ) and that I better give it as a present to a young friend - but he lives in Vienna - who just got a Oly E410, I already bought him the OM > 4/3 adapter Rolling Eyes

Last edited by kuuan on Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, they can make Kalasnyikov also with hand tools only Wink I did work in India I know them.

Here cleaning cost around 20 EUR.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need for a Kalasnyikov..yet
and 20 Euro is not too bad, but for that only in Budapest, or also in Vienna?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I estimate in Vienna same or 50% more. This price at Budapest in cheap shop.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Olympus OM 50mm f1.4 - sticky aperture Reply with quote

kuuan wrote:

How cheap ... LOL

If it is really cheap ... get it and sell it to me Laughing
I live in HK and have access to cheap labor. Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Olympus OM 50mm f1.4 - sticky aperture Reply with quote

hk300 wrote:
kuuan wrote:

How cheap ... LOL

If it is really cheap ... get it and sell it to me Laughing
I live in HK and have access to cheap labor. Twisted Evil

I did not buy it..
it was on ebay linquishing at 10 or 12 Euro, thought nobody wanted it for the sticky aperture, but in the end it sold for, well I don't remember for how much exactly, 50ish, anyway for more that I had bid.