Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Autumn & Porst 55/1.2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: Autumn & Porst 55/1.2 Reply with quote

Hello all. I'll just preface by stating I have a passion for out of focus areas and after long research I've discovered (with the help of members here included either directly or by virtue of the images you've shared) a few lenses I wanted to add to my oof rendering pallette.

First up was the Porst 55/1.2. I haven't been out of the city with it yet but along my walk to work, there are a couple of small parks and planters that offer interesting foliage this time of year.

In all my research photos, I find this lens to be very similar to the Canon 0.95 in many regards, including an animated, billowing, often radial bokeh.

Being a 1.2, I was curious to note its capabilities in available light. Here, some flowers succumb to autumns freezing rain, lit by a shop window next to them.

Also, sorry for the different picture sizes. I'm half between flickr and Zenfolio at the moment, with the latter being for things I would consider myself more proud of. I still enjoy flickr for the a wider range of testing and feedback pics.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Pirate, I missed this post and I regret it a lot! Wink

The bockeh is dramatic with this lens, I love it!!

Can you post more samples?. I'd appreciate very much how it does perform with not so warm colours, (dark blues and greens), but I expect it being a nice performer!.

Thanks for sharing!

Jes.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderfull bokeh (for me). Anybody has one for sale? Cool

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rodrigo wrote:
Wonderfull bokeh (for me). Anybody has one for sale? Cool

I found none on eBay by now....

Jes.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are on ebay, but it's not easy to find them - phototools24 sells modified versions:

Canon: Click here to see on Ebay
Sigma: Click here to see on Ebay
4/3: Click here to see on Ebay

but I don't know, how precise is the modification (exactness of infinity focus etc.)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

these links don't work !!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seen one Porst 50/1.2 Fuji mount...

Click here to see on Ebay

I'm not sure if it's the same lens, according the Pirate, should be 55 (not 50).

Jes.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dakoo wrote:
these links don't work !!

Try now.

@no-X - just put the item number between the ebay tags, not the full URL