Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sand Scallops - CV-90
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:50 am    Post subject: Sand Scallops - CV-90 Reply with quote

Another test shot with the CV Bessa-R and 90/3.5 lens.

I was wandering around on the local tide flats, and another photographer said, "There's nothing worth shooting". So, of course, that was a challenge.

Not the best in the world, but at least SOMETHING of a supposedly barren place for imaging. I got up on a log and shot down onto the scalloped sand. Moved around a little until I could get the diagonal aspect to offset the curving runnels of sand.

Bessa-R
CV90/3.5
f:8 and 1/500th
TXP 320

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Larry!

I love the composition!.
Sand shots are always very difficult, I trend to overexpose them always...

Thanks for sharing!

Jes.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Jes. It's really a sort of "test shot" as indicated, but I did want to see how the internal meter handled this high-contrast light. I bracketed on both sides of the exposure, but ultimately it was the original exposure that showed the best. A very good, and very simple, exposure mechanism comes with the Bessa-R.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting pattern, nice composition Larry!