Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Same mountain in Winter
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:56 pm    Post subject: Same mountain in Winter Reply with quote

The same mountain as in my thread "Autumn isn't over yet" but in wintertime. I made this panoramic shot im March 2008.

This "Höchkönig" area (name of the mountain, about 50km from Salzburg) is also very famous for skiing, crosscountry skiing etc. ...
It's about 25km from Saalfelden, that place where I live...

WARNING! Very cheesy shot ! Cool Cool

A bigger version of this pano is in the oversice gallery...
This is a must to watch in oversice Smile
http://forum.mflenses.com/wintertime-t12281.html

Cheers
Tobias

Last edited by tobbsman on Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked Shocked

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are seems KING OF PANO! Super cool! Thank you!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tobias, I love the ski downhill in the Telemark style...those slopes look like a lot fun could be gained from climbing up and skiing down! Do any of your countrymen ski with Telemark style skis?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wowee! Cheesy maybe, but pro class cheese! I'm going to print this out and use it for this year's Christmas cards! Smile

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys !

@Laurence

Quote:
Tobias, I love the ski downhill in the Telemark style...those slopes look like a lot fun could be gained from climbing up and skiing down! Do any of your countrymen ski with Telemark style skis?

This is a nice place for tour-skiing ... to go up with fur under your skis, then on top removing the fur and skiing through the powdersnow.
But especially this place is also very dangerous with avalaches. One can easily set off an avalache because this terrain is very precipitous and with warm whether like that time this can be really dangerous.

Telemarking is getting fashion again, on ski slopes one can see sometimes telemarking. Those guys were mostly this retro fashion clothes ...
But with "wild skiing" I never ever saw a telemark skier...

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I want to go skiing now!
What a great shot, Tobias.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tobbsman wrote:
Thanks guys !

@Laurence

Quote:

This is a nice place for tour-skiing ... to go up with fur under your skis, then on top removing the fur and skiing through the powdersnow.
But especially this place is also very dangerous with avalaches. One can easily set off an avalache because this terrain is very precipitous and with warm whether like that time this can be really dangerous.

Telemarking is getting fashion again, on ski slopes one can see sometimes telemarking. Those guys were mostly this retro fashion clothes ...
But with "wild skiing" I never ever saw a telemark skier...

Cheers
Tobias

Yes, Tobias...it looks like there is a high potential for snow-load avalanches on those slopes. We have the same here - high open slopes that get cleared off with regular avanching. I try to be as careful as possible, and we have a very good Avalanche Warning System. But even then, we have deaths every year.

I have been Telemarking for many years, so I DO go to the high slopes by putting on furs/skins to get up the mountain, and then skiing down. The Telemark Turn is a powerful tool once learned. It took me a full year to learn this turn, but now it is like second nature, like riding a bicycle. VERY tough on the leg muscles though.

If I may "brag", I am able to keep up with all skier on the resort slopes, and it's fun to "beat" a 20 year old person at his own game! Haha! Makes me feel like I'm young again!

But, skiing in the backcountry has a special joy. It is silent and beautiful.