Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

M42-to-EOS adapter: Camera contacts?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:29 am    Post subject: M42-to-EOS adapter: Camera contacts? Reply with quote

What should I do about the camera body electrical contacts?

It looks to me like the adapter just clocks onto the camera body
with a fully naked metal surface, and that the adapter will contact
each and every peg of the body's electrical contacts.

Should I protect the mating surface with a non-conductive tape or
other material, or will the camera understand the connection of
all contacts?

I'm thinking it would be best to insulate those contacts from the
adapter...

There's no AF-confirm chip in the equation.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you need to worry about it Craig. The AF chip on my M42 adapter is 2-3mm proud of the face of the adapter and I have no problems with the non-AF adapters.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, Peter. Does the adapter actually touch the contacts, or is that only with the chipped ones?

I'm still waiting for my adapter to arrive, which is why I'm asking these silly questions. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SkedAddled wrote:
Thanks for the info, Peter. Does the adapter actually touch the contacts, or is that only with the chipped ones?

No, as I say, there is a clearance of about 2-3mm between the face of the adapter and the contacts. Have a look at the mount on your Canon kit lens.