Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

asahi Takumar M42, 3.5/135 (model 1) pre-set lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:59 pm    Post subject: asahi Takumar M42, 3.5/135 (model 1) pre-set lens Reply with quote

I found one of these (1957 to 1962) lenses in its original box in mint condition!
(Some information regarding this lens may be found here: http://www.taunusreiter.de/Cameras/Pentax_Takumar_e.html )

Does anyone have any personal experience of this lens?

I have film in the camera ready to go, but haven't had time to try the lens as yet. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good lens to me.

I like it more than the MC version. Some people don't.

If you can take one, sin hesitate. Do it.

You will be happy with that lens.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

estudleon wrote:
Very good lens to me...If you can take one, sin hesitate. Do it. ..You will be happy with that lens.

Thanks for your encouragement! Smile

It certainly is well made. Cool

I can't wait to try it. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you are talking about this lens, yes?:

have this lens since a while.
since I did not take any 135 on my last long trip I had left it behind in Austria with a friend who has much more experience with lenses than me, using on Canon 5D FF.
He qualified it as a top performer, in the league of his best 135s, his Jupiter and Sonnar.
( his raving report actually had made me bring two more copies of this lens from Japan to Europe,
one or two will be for sale, will offer it here once I have time for that, beginning new year )

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kuuan wrote:
you are talking about this lens, yes?:

He qualified it as a top performer, in the league of his best 135s, his Jupiter and Sonnar...

Yes, that is the lens: very smooth action.

Most encouraging. Very Happy

Thanks for responding. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great lens, I had the less common fully black version. Sharp as a Takumar and slips into a pocket easily. Regret letting it go.

This is straight out of the camera:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

William wrote:
Great lens, I had the less common fully black version. Sharp as a Takumar and slips into a pocket easily. Regret letting it go.
This is straight out of the camera:..

Nice shot: I hope mine are as good! Very Happy

Thanks for chiming in. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just ran across another test / report, also comparing to the great f2.5/105 Nikkor:
http://forum.manualfocus.org/viewtopic.php?id=3046