Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Helios 44M-4 - Self Portrait
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:57 pm    Post subject: Helios 44M-4 - Self Portrait Reply with quote

Last edited by Filipa Leite Rosa on Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Helios 44M-4 - Self Portrait Reply with quote

Filipa Leite Rosa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great entry! Nice to see you here! Especially nice to see a beautiful lady as our member! Many thanks to joining us!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the group!
All of these are excellent.
The last is my favorite for sure!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another portuguese member. Smile I'm really glad you are here and it's not common to see ladies liking MF lenses.

Last one is my favourite.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not only attractive, also very talented and creative - if I may says so!

Welcome and enjoy your stay, Filipa.

The first two shots are good, but the third one is fantastic!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Filippa and what an introduction! Superb self-portraits and a marvellous camera collection. Hope you enjoy your stay with us

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quite tricky to photograph a subject in the mirror, because of the thin glass on top of the silver. you can see it's reflection in the second sample, like a contour around the face
welcome to this great forum rosita

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for your comments! I'm really glad you like my shots.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I concur that shot #3 is a clear winner.

Have a good stay with us!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome Filipa! superb atmosphere in yours shots, I like them
have a nice time with us

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! It's great to see a woman who is interested not only in photography, but who has the interest in manual focus lenses! You'll find this group to be polite, honest, and intelligent - at least the others in this group affect me that way!

I was pleasantly surprised by the anomalous images from the mirror, and it took me a bit to see what you were doing. For "self portraits", these are very fine in their composition, and it's a tough venue.

The second image shows a proud demeanor with determination and independence. A good premise, and an extremely fine "personality" shot.

The third image shows contemplation and that sort of "split second" where the mind will touch upon something that instills a memory. Technically speaking, this is the finest shot of the bunch, with the wonderful graduated highlights and shadows showing a smoothness and form that renders three-dimensional aspects. And that's pretty hard to do in a mirror!

Larry

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laurence: thanks for having the time to do such a complete and thoughtful comment on my shots.

And thank you all again for your warmth welcome!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell me if I am wrong Embarassed
Do I recognize you from the subway picture that Rodrigo posted on "Saturday's walk outside". (excellent shot BTW Rodrigo Smile )

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol... busted. Yes, they're both the same Smile

Good eye F16SUNSHINE Wink

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagle eye! Great catch Andy!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice Smile

I think selfportraits are hard to do, I never managed to create a good one.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prometheus wrote:
Very nice Smile

I think selfportraits are hard to do, I never managed to create a good one.

Mattias, me neither...
The problem with selfportraits is that most of them are evident selfportraits, however the ones from Filipa do not, they seem taken by another person, and this is a great achievement.

Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy! I bow down to you! What a memory!

I concur with Mattias' and Jes's statements about the sheer difficulty with self-portraits. And, even though I commented before, I'll say that these are so WELL composed that they definitely look like studio shots that were taken by a separate photographer.

Filipa, your lens and camera list is quite impressive. I'm sure we would all like to know some of your favorite lenses. You have been a photographer for quite a few years?

One other thing...I tend to wax a little too eloquent in "critiquing" images, so if I get too bombastic, just ignore my stuff! Laughing

Again, welcome! It's a novelty indeed to have a woman photographer come into the forum!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm embarrassed...thank you so much for your comments, but i'm really just an amateur.
Laurence: you probably confused my collection of lenses with the one from Attilas.
Thanks again!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Filipa, Welcome and nice photos, #3 for me. Cool

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Filipa Leite Rosa wrote:
I'm embarrassed...thank you so much for your comments, but i'm really just an amateur.
Laurence: you probably confused my collection of lenses with the one from Attilas.
Thanks again!

Well, maybe an amateur, but look at all the comments...your shots have shown a good deal of professionalism.

I think you are correct! Good call, those ARE Attila's lenses! Embarassed

But you are on the right track with the Helios 44M-4 and Pentacon Preset 135mm 2.8.

One more question, if I may. Your avatar is very nice art. Did you draw the avatar?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I draw it. I like to draw ugly faces. Smile
Once again, you were all very nice, many thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice captures, and an inventive angle!

I haven't even tried a self portrait, and I suspect the result wouldn't be too uplifting if I did.