Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Leonards Mills
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:30 pm    Post subject: Leonards Mills Reply with quote

This is the place where I grabbed the wrong bag and left my M/F lenses home. I should have left them in my regular bag as I usually do. I put them in a different bag so I wouldn't be tempted to use any of my A/F lenses. By habit I grabbed my regular bag and didn't have any M/F lenses when I got there.

I wasn't going to show these but I'll show a few to show what its like around my home. If I walked through the woods, not easy with 2 beaver dams, its 0.6 miles by GPS from my house.

Leonards Mills was a community back in the woods built around a water powered saw mill. Started around 1790 and ran I believe through the 1890's. It has been partially rebuild with a water wheel powered working sawmill. I like to go there every fall to get pictures of the fall colors.

I got interrupted by the oil company bringing me over $1000.00 worth of home heating oil. Damn!!!

Back to the post.

The saw mill.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful place! I really wish to see with MF lenses.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superb place, great weather with nice clouds
thanks for sharing Ron!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Attila and Poilu.

It was a beautiful day. I wish it had been early morning instead of mid day though.

I had really wanted to use my flek 35/2.4 here. I was really upset when I found that I brought the wrong bag. I rode over with my cousin to shoot. He had already driven over an hour to get to my house so I didn't want to ask him to go back for my other lenses.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I understand.. This is digital compact shoot, scan ? Something strange on this pictures to me for a DSLR.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice to see the lovely colors.
Due to our late summer being so dry here in MI, we mostly have leaves going brown and falling. Very little color to see. Sad

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely place, and skillfully captured!

Here, the colours are fading now and the season without colours approaching.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. These were shot a couple of weeks ago. The leaves have been gone for about a week. We had rain and wind and that was the end of the leaves except for a lot of the oak and the beech. They can hang on all winter,

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BEAUTIFUL countryside, Ron. There is nothing like being around a small river like this that is so established. Something about the way the water is darker and flowing along the nearly level terrain, with the reeds and channels, that is balm for the soul. Top that with the beautiful leaves and the outstanding history, and these are all winners.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Larry. I appreciate it.

To be honest I had looked forward all year to trying my M/F lenses here this year. What a bummer that I didn't have them with me. I was really disappointed.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron

You'll do it next year. I so well remember those colours of the NE (and the hordes of leaf peepers in buses). Out here in the PNW there is a high percentage of evergreens, but the colours are very nearly as good. What a fascinating piece of history and of course the scenery is majestic

patrickh

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Patrick.

We had a lot of nice colors but unfortunately they don't last long enough.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful county and colour photos, thank you for showing us.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Yes, I understand.. This is digital compact shoot, scan ? Something strange on this pictures to me for a DSLR.

I think it is the color saturation.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very less details there like a scan.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

koji wrote:
Beautiful county and colour photos, thank you for showing us.

Thanks Koji.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron, #4 does it for me, that's a crackin' shot!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron, I know you were a little disappointed to not have the MF lenses with you.

However, you can take solace in having ANY kind of lens with you, and the lens you DID have, has served very well. There's always next time!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill and Larry, thanks for the nice comments.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: Leonards Mills Reply with quote

Schnauzer wrote:

This two are my most favorite!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Sandie. Those are my favorites also.