Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

200mm F4 S-M-C Tak
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: 200mm F4 S-M-C Tak Reply with quote

I swiped one of these off the fray for 31 quid. I wasn't holding out much hope for the quality, but it arrived today and it's almost new. The only signs of use are a small amount of paint is rubbed off on the auto/manual switch. Focus is smooth and iris is A1 and perfect optics.

I got it to use for street portraits instead of my 70-200 F4 L which being big & white sticks out like a sore thumb.

Anyone have this lens and have anything good/bad to say about it?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great lens ! I love in every aspects!

http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/japenese/takumar/smc_takumar_200mm_f4/

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the build of the Taks, they are truly works of art.

I wish I could afford the 85mm.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my best 200 . I own also the non smc version . 2 lenses of my collection are on the same level :the rokkor-Q 4,5/200 , and the J-21 (litlle monster , over 2 lbs) . Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you see difference between SMC and Super ?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Did you see difference between SMC and Super ?

I can't see any differences in build apart from the coating on the optics. The SMC looks like it has more contrast & saturation, but it's difficult without a side-by-side comparision.

I'm so impressed with the 55, 135 & 200 that I'm thinking of getting the 28mm tak and getting rid of my 28mm Oly.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also didn't see any difference both are just great. I had bad experience one 28mm Takumar I guess it was 28mm f3.5 , but I don't remember exactly.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beware of which version of 28mm/3.5 you get, if it's Super-Takumar check serialnumbers to get a later version. From what I can understand they changed it in production, and different copies can vary much in quality. Mine is fantastic by the way Very Happy , but I know that zewraks is not.

I would really love to have the 200mm/4 but can't afford it right now - I'm more in the position where I just had to sell lense Sad .

I just wrote a review on www.retrocamera.net on the Auto Takumar 85mm/1.8, which is one of my absolute favorite lenses.

The buildquality of all my Takumars in different versions are great, I only have m42-mount though.