Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Most Saturated Film
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:38 am    Post subject: Most Saturated Film Reply with quote

I've heard that some of the most saturated color films that one could buy are the cheap Kodak films normally found on the rack. Can anyone attest to this? I'm not looking for a fine grain, natural film but something that is really really bold color-wise. Thanks in advance!

~Marc

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Kodak Gold 200 because of the colors, try it. It's in Walmart in 4-packs.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another film with very punchy colors is Ferrania Solaris. If you live in the
PNW, check out Fred Meyer stores and see if they have a house brand. I
hear it is rebadged Ferrania. Here in the mid-south, Krogers grocery stores
just have Kodak and Fuji. And they own Fred Meyer...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I've heard Kodak gold is a pretty good one for these purposes. Unfortunately I'm in New England, CT to be exact, and we do not have Fred Meyer stores. But I'm going to look into the re-branded stuff - some is just ridiculously cheap for the film it actually is.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are looking for the Ferrania film I can get it here in England for £1 a roll of asa200/36. Colour is very good there's a post about it somewhere about cheap film. If all else fails I can sort you out a package and post it to the USA for you . Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the offer but after searching for a while I think kodak gold 100 may be my answer. It is very cheap because it is marketed as a consumer film though it looks like many professionals stand behind it. I need a forgiving film and from experience with kodak's UltraColor line, they are not it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No prob good luck with it Very Happy