Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Worn Coating
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Worn Coating Reply with quote

I have a lens that has some wear on the surface coating. Looks like the previous user was not very careful when wiping the lens. I'm not sure if such minor damage would negatively affect IQ. Is there anything I should look out for?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it effect only in case if you use your lens opposite to sun or similar strong lights. I have some very worn lens even with big scratches I found only this situation what is impact IQ.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can, use a lens hood.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So basically I'm just going to look out for flare that reduces contrast. I tend to use lens hoods anyway, so I guess the lens will be fine.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, lens will be fine, especially if not wide angle lens.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh it is, actually. However, I'm using 4/3 cameras, so the image circle is basically cropped. Will that be an issue?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olympus 4/3 more sensitive for lens quality. I did super shoots with Nikon D50 with many Tamrons, they are much less good performer on 4/3.