Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

helios 44m manual, no automatic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject: helios 44m manual, no automatic Reply with quote

Helios 44M does not have the option of manual, automatic only.
as to make the make the "f" in the manual.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take the back off - remove the 4 screws and it lifts off. Remove the pin and slide over it a short (1-2 mm ?) plastic tube - I use a section of a "cotton bud" (also called "Q-tip" - I think). Replace the pin and the back. You have manual.

This idea is not original. Apologies to the original author. It's quicker to describe the method than to find the original thread.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sichko wrote:
It's quicker to describe the method than to find the original thread.
http://chris.stingray.free.fr/Tuto/Modif_H44M4/Pinoche_H44M-4.html

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very good link.
another question. the focus ring is too hard, it's normal in this lens.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lens is 22 years old. The "grease" used to lubricate the focussing helicoids can degrade during that time, particularly if the lens is not used regularly. You can try turning the focussing ring back and forwards many times. If this does not help, and the focussing still feels stiff and uneven, you may have to dismantle the lens, clean the helicoids and regrease them. But this is another story .....

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:00 am    Post subject: conversion Reply with quote

Just did my first conversion on a hanimex F2.8 28mm and works great, wanted to start with a lens i wasnt worried about but now going to do my Helios 44m-4

Cheers
Dave