Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Bright specks on lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Bright specks on lens Reply with quote

Hello. I'm new to the forum. I happen to have an Olympus 50mm f1.4 which has bright specks on one of the inner elements. Currently unable to take a good shot of them, but they show up when you shine a torch down the lens at an angle. They don't affect IQ so I won't bother with cleaning it yet, but does anyone know what the specks might be? Some don't really look like dust.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure , but perhaps starting fungus. You don't need to clean for years if store right it will not growing at all.

Another tip humidity condensed inside and left this specks after dry.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen this happen a few times. My guess - and it's only that - is that the specks are small fragments of coating which have become detached from the lens surface.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could also be air bubbles in the glass.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On closer examination, perhaps it's starting fungus. Hard to tell, really. But do I need to take any immediate action? I keep everything in a dry cabinet, so I doubt humidity will be high enough to encourage fungus growth.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOn't need to take any action , if you store right it will not growing. Check every half year.