Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Praktica IV at the Hyde Street Pier
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:11 am    Post subject: Praktica IV at the Hyde Street Pier Reply with quote

During the airshow, my wide-angle backup was my new Praktica IV, restored to duty by tightening a few screws. I aquired the thing in order to pick up a Meyer lens - it was just a lens-cap. Fully functional now.

With Soligor (Tokina) T4 21mm and 24mm. Its a real pleasure to get WIDE angle service from these. Those Canon 5's are looking better all the time.

Wheelhouse of the wooden paddle-steamer Eureka. This is my scan.

Bridge of the steam-tugboat Hercules - this is the film processors scan. They seem to do a better job than I can, with a smaller file size.

Watching the airshow -

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luis, another fabulous set, love the colors in these! Makes me want to take
the Flek 4/20 for another test drive on an old film body. Your scans look fine
to me!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luis

Agree with comments - always something new and great

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which film did you use ? You get superb result , better than I ever expected from this combo.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super shots.
Yes I think you should take a 5D.
There should be some nice cheap used ones soon.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Attila,

That was Fujicolor 200.

I will see about a full-frame camera. Maybe next year.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent results from an old camera Luis! I like the colours, not too intense. I've never had such nice results with Fuji film myself, maybe it's the processing. There's a Fuji lab not far from here, I might give it another go on the strength of your pics.