Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Any other Russian WA?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:14 pm    Post subject: Any other Russian WA? Reply with quote

I was browsing through my album collection and noticed that I rarely use anything above 58mm, even though I would usually have the 90 and 135 in my bag. I am still on crop camera Sad

Tried and still like the Zuikos 21/24/28, Fleks 20/35 and Yash ML 28. I think it's time for me to give the Russians WA a try.

Are there any other highly rated Russian WA besides the Mir-1?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMHO
Nothing that will give any of your current lenses a run for the money.
The M24 is nice for colors and rendering.
My preference goes to the Xuiko 2/35 or Flek 2.4/35.
King still being the Zeiss 1.4/35 mine is Rollei QBM.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Any other Russian WA? Reply with quote

bawang wrote:
I was browsing through my album collection and noticed that I rarely use anything above 58mm, even though I would usually have the 90 and 135 in my bag. I am still on crop camera Sad

Tried and still like the Zuikos 21/24/28, Fleks 20/35 and Yash ML 28. I think it's time for me to give the Russians WA a try.

Are there any other highly rated Russian WA besides the Mir-1?

Mir 24 2/35 M & N versions

Mir10 A 3.5/28 (M42 but mount can easily be changed, for Nikon, Pentax K, etc.)

Mir 47 2.5/20 M, N & K versions
Arsat N 2.8/20 (Mir 73N)
Mir 20 3.5/20 M & N versions

EDIT. I've seen all of these 'recommended' in various places but you must make your own mind up.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted some samples from my Mir 47m in the past on this forum, personally I would recommend Mir24, and I know Orio likes it and the Mir-10, which I also have. Like John says you need to make up your own mind but I always like the Russian lenses for the vibrant colours and slightly soft effect of some. There is of course Zenitar 16mm too, on a crop cam its more like a slightly distorted wide, I use the RectFish program if I need to 'straighten' the image.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only Russia WA what I love it really ( I never had;) ) Zenitar 16mm a good copy can be fantastic!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second that for Zenitar 16/2.8, and add a recommedation for Peleng 8/3.5. These can be expensive though.

Personally, I am using a S-M-C Takumar 28/3.5 as a wide angle, and it wins other 28mm lenses I tried hands down (I never used a Flek though Smile ).

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy one times Flektogon ...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just when I am thinking to go Russian for the next purchase, someone is offering a user CZ 2.8/35 for USD100 plus ship. Seller says there is scratch, on the coating on the back element. I won't know how bad the scratch until I see the item, but it doesn't sound very bad. Any thoughts?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2.8/35 not good as 2.4 MC I suggest to take 2.4 instead of 2.8

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bawang wrote:
Just when I am thinking to go Russian for the next purchase, someone is offering a user CZ 2.8/35 for USD100 plus ship. Seller says there is scratch, on the coating on the back element. I won't know how bad the scratch until I see the item, but it doesn't sound very bad. Any thoughts?

i think price is a little high for a CZJ2.8/35 lens in that condition.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bad. I was referring to Contax Zeiss Distagon 2.8/35mm.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bawang wrote:
My bad. I was referring to Contax Zeiss Distagon 2.8/35mm.

I don't know this lens, but I think price is fine , scratch on rare lens perhaps impact IQ above F11. I think fair price for this lens.