Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Art photos: what are the concepts?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:43 pm    Post subject: Art photos: what are the concepts? Reply with quote

Took some "thought art pictures" in Porvoo last Friday. Some unknown technical problems (Zenit B, Agfa APX 400, D-76, Agefix, Canon CrapScan .. just choose) produced grainy and everexposed pictures but hopefully you can see something in them (by the way these are all the 6 pics I took).

Here is the question: I had two concepts in mind when starting the tour, both "qualities". First one is present in all the pictures. The second one is + or - variably and some combined. Can anyone guess what concepts I had in mind?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1 repetition, multiplicity, more than one
#2 singularity, only one

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got # 1 exactly right! This is in every picture. Bit harder to see it in the blocks of the gray building. The other concept still missing.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't "see" the blocks but the windows.

#2 Rising, ascending, going up

1. All balloons rising, one above the others
2. Path rising
3. Path rising - very gently
4. One set of objects above another set
5. Steps going up
6. Bottom right hand corner steps/stools/stepladders -whatever they are - increasing in size.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty close, but why do they do that?