Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Olympus 55 f/1.2 (x 2), Minolta Rokkor 35 f/1.8 for sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:52 pm    Post subject: Olympus 55 f/1.2 (x 2), Minolta Rokkor 35 f/1.8 for sale Reply with quote

hi folks -

Due to rampant lens-acquisition syndrome, I have multiple copies of a couple lenses and need to part with some.

Olympus OM 55mm f/1.2 - I have 2 of these to sell, both are in excellent condition, no scratches, haze, fungus, marks, nicks or other flaws are evident. Both take great pictures, but I don't need 3 of these (keeping one). They come with front and rear caps, are both very clean, no oil on apeture blades, and functionally perfect. These are one of the best fast 50mm type lenses available for any system, with a unique and beautiful drawing style with particularly beautiful bokeh. Sharp wide open and with that wonderful Zuiko 3D look that olympus is known for. $340 or BO/ea.

Minolta Rokkor MC HH 35mm f/1.8, converted for Canon EOS mount. This is a great lens, quite sharp wide open and even better stopped down. One of the fastest 35s out there that can be adapted to EOS. It achieves infinity focus no problem, and the rear element retaining rign is machined to clear the mirror on a a full frame camera out to 30+ft focus distance or more. (non-fullframe cameras clear at any focus distance of course). This is a very nice copy, excellent glass with no haze/marks/fungus/dust/etc. This is the earlier style with the metal focus-ring grip, and takes 55mm filters. This lens alone (unconverted) usually sells for $150-250, and this is a complex conversion which took several hours and a fair bit of machining to make feasible. $340 or BO, includes front/rear caps, a minolta clear UV filter, and the factory-correct Minolta metal lens hood (rather rare). I also have an unconverted one of these also, in similarly near-mint condition, still with the original Minolta mount, that I can offer for $200 or BO.

I am a regular poster at Photo.net, FredMiranda, and elsewhere and have extensive feedback at Audiogon, Ebay, and AudioAsylum, among other places. (feel free to inquire for userIDs and specifics)

Pictures here:

Olympus 55 1.2 #1 - www.edsawyer.com/oly551.2v1/

Olympus 55 1.2 #2 - www.edsawyer.com/oly551.2v2/

Minolta Rokkor 35 1.8 converted for EOS - www.edsawyer.com/rokkor351.8eos/

thanks for looking,
-Ed Sawyer

ed - at - edsawyer.com