Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Big Rangefinder Lenses Sale on ebay started Sept. 28th
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:39 am    Post subject: Big Rangefinder Lenses Sale on ebay started Sept. 28th Reply with quote

Guys,

I'm selling off the rest of my rangefinder lenses, due to worsened eyesight.

So this will go for sale this Thursday 28th from about 20hours MESZ which will be visible if you click here:

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/macro321_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZQQ_mdoZ

- Leitz Summicron-C 2/40mm in excellent condition, both caps

- Leitz Elmar-C 4/90mm in excellent condition, both caps, sunshade

- Carl Zeiss Biogon 4.5/21mm professionelly converted Contax version to LTM, with Adapter to Leica-M, very good condition

- Minolta CLE M-Rokkor 2.8/28mm in better than excellent condition, both caps, metal sunshade, original box, papers etc. Has the typical white spots, but the least I ever saw (one bigger, 2 small ones) but has no influence at all.

- Minolta CL M-Rokkor 4/90mm in excellent condition, both caps, sunshade

- Voigtländer Ultra-Heliar 5.6/12mm aspherical, black, as new (bought it new), all papers, box etc. LTM with original fitting Viewfinder

- Voigtländer Color-Skopar 4/21mm, as new (bought it new), all papers, box etc, LTM - already SOLD BIN -

- Voigtländer Apo Lanthar 3.5/90mm (yess, the one Dr W. A. Tronnier also designed aside from the Ultron) very good condition, black, a few signs on the barrel (brassing), bought it like that, original box, papers, caps, LTM

and some adaptor rings etc. if I find time to list those.

In case of special wishes or questions, do drop me a note to postmaster@macrolenses.de

Cheers,

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Big Rangefinder Lenses Sale on ebay started Sept. 28th Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:

- Minolta CL M-Rokkor 4/90mm in excellent condition, both caps, sunshade

Just a bit of trivia: this lens is supposed to be the only Leitz/Leica lens with sold under the Minolta name, as opposed to a few of Minolta lenses/designs sold under the Leica name. If you know of any others or think my info is incorrect, please let me know.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I also read and indeed it is identical from my experience to the (also listed for sale) Leitz Elmar-C 4/90mm

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've made your thread an announcement Klaus so it stays at the top.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bob - appreciate it!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Just a bit of trivia: this lens is supposed to be the only Leitz/Leica lens with sold under the Minolta name, as opposed to a few of Minolta lenses/designs sold under the Leica name. If you know of any others or think my info is incorrect, please let me know.

I also understand this to be true.
I have the understanding as well that some early Minolta versions where made in Germany (and labeled as such).
The later ones where made in Japan and had Multi-Coatings added.
So it goes to say maybe the Japan ones perform better in this case but who knows for sure.
Klaus, did you ever do a side by side with the Leitz and Minota versions?
I can not imagine there would be much difference in most conditions. Coatings not withstanding.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually yes, a little bit when I got the Elmar-C but honestly could not see any big difference then as far as I remember. Strange enough I used the 4/90 CL Minolta nearly all the time (the "other" one if you know what I mean..) - just liked it more....hard to tell why. Same with the Cron and the 40mm Minolta. Using lenses still is a very subjective thing (for me) all teh MTFs etc. aside....

With the ZM Zeiss ones it is a completely different league, their resolution, contrast, acutance is that stunning that it beats the others "hands down"....

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I agree

Using a lens that gets the shot and is a pleasure to hold is more important.
That Minolta CLE 40 is a legend it still brings very high prices on used market
Many M8 shooters clamor for that lens as it is almost exactly a 50mm (52) on the M8's 1.3 sensor.

Looking forward to shooting the ZM 2/35 it's been on the list for a while now Smile

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Klaus,

I'm guessing I am too late, but I wonder which (if any) of the lenses from the original post (or otherwise) are still available?

Best regards