Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron SP 60-300 23A
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:41 am    Post subject: Tamron SP 60-300 23A Reply with quote

Hi all,

I received last night a Tamron SP 60-300 that I have bought to Florence (many many many thanks...it is even better than you told me). It was really late so it was almost pitch black outside. Even so, I put the adapter and took my 30D to take some snaps from the terrace...amazing!!!! Crystal clear and I was so so surprised even at such high ISO levels.

I will post some pictures if you want later on, even when I know this lens has been more than proofed here. If all the Tamron SP series behave like this one, I have not hesitation from now on which my next zoom lens will be.

...it is just the excitement of having this lens, I must say Very Happy

Regards,
Fer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Congrats! I look forward your sunny samples!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

one of the best Tamron zoom.. just great.. only problem I found with hits, just a heavy piece of glass..

This is my set on Flickr with this lens,
http://www.flickr.com/photos/asbalyan/sets/72157601142583396/

I found the lens sharpness with in acceptable limit with 2x Tamron tele-converter... (Stopped down)..

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks fantastic, might have to look into finding one of these to cover the 60mm+ range where I only have a 135 and 200 right now. What kind of adapter do you have to use it on your 30d? Is it possible to get an adapter with focus confirmation (I find this extremely useful)?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lens is piece of art. Pretty heavy though Laughing

I use this adapter:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380056968119

As for AF-confirm - the chip from BIG-IS glued on the ring above. Works great!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great to know Stan! I use my Tamrons on M42 and PK mount cameras as well as the Canon, so I normally have M42 AD2 adapters on the lenses and fit them on the 400D with an M42/EOS AF adapter.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: Tamron SP 60-300 23A Reply with quote

fernanrl wrote:
Hi all,

I received last night a Tamron SP 60-300 that I have bought to Florence (many many many thanks...it is even better than you told me).

Hi Fer,

I am glad that you are enjoying this nice lens ! I've decided to sold it as prime lenses have more flavor in my heart, but I was impressive by the quality of build and IQ of it.

Cheers
Florent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats! That's a nice lens!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the bit of experience I've had with Tamron zooms (70-210 and 35-80), I doubt that there are zooms out there that would exceed the quality of the Tamrons.

Have fun with this outstanding equipment!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone tried it on full-frame? If Vignetting isn't an issue I might be tempted at some point...