Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

One from a Nikon Series E 70-210 (f4) + D200
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: One from a Nikon Series E 70-210 (f4) + D200 Reply with quote

Here's one more test shot from an outing outing with the Series E 70-210 f4 - handheld and shot with the lens wide open.

I love the bokeh and the colours it gives. Exposure was a bit tricky in the low late afternoon sunlight but, I managed once again with the aid of Kodak Grey Card and the D200's spot meter.

Excuse the tight crop on this one as I cropped it that way for a particular reason - I have a complete one somewhere on one of my computers but at this minute I can't find it LOL.

Not too bad for an el-cheapo lens don't you think!
Tony

Black Headed Gull

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the shot, did she attacked you? Laughing

The shot is awesome. I like the reds and the vibrant white. Detail is superb, also. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great one really!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barata wrote:
After the shot, did she attacked you? Laughing

The shot is awesome. I like the reds and the vibrant white. Detail is superb, also. Wink

Hi Barata,
Thanks...noooo she was quite placid but she didn't stay too long so I had to make do with a couple of shots. I got a few more later with different birds but they were mostly flying. Now that was difficult as I'd never ever tried shooting a bird in mid-flight! Tricky to say the least, especially with a manual focus lens, but I did manage about a 50-60% rate of in-focus shots so, I was very pleased with myself LOL!
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Great one really!

Thanks Attila

Tony

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shot!

I have been a bit curious about the Series E lenses. The often come quite cheap as you say, but the optical quality seems very decent.
Is it the mechanical build that has been pointed more towards the cheap end?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sven wrote:
Nice shot!

I have been a bit curious about the Series E lenses. The often come quite cheap as you say, but the optical quality seems very decent.
Is it the mechanical build that has been pointed more towards the cheap end?

Hi Sven,
Nikon could never really bring themselves to make poor quality lenses and although they were aimed at the the consumer market, the Series E's are still very well built and solid!

The only flaw I'd say with the zooms is that like many zooms that one slides to adjust focal length, they can become slightly slack over time and can 'creep' forward when the camera is tilted down. Otherwise they are excellent! My 75-150 is a bit this way but I wouldn't get rid of it just for that as it's so sharp!
As for the Series E primes, I find them all pretty good!
I suspect, like most manufacturers, there will be occasional issues over individual copies of a particular lens - however, the copies of all my Series E's are very good so I have had no problems so far!
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one, Tony, love the detail in this. And no blown highlights, easy to do
with a white bird.

Bill

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice catch Tony!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
Nice one, Tony, love the detail in this. And no blown highlights, easy to do
with a white bird.

Bill

Thanks Bill,
yes they can be tricky beggars when they're mostly white. I usually stick to the old Kodak Grey Card for exposure when shooting anything white.
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
nice catch Tony!

Thanks Poilu

Tony