Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sears TLS Batteries
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:02 pm    Post subject: Sears TLS Batteries Reply with quote

Does anyone know if the Sears/Ricoh TLS camera has voltage regulation circuitry so it can take the modern 1.5v batteries, as opposed to the original 1.35v battery, without change in the light-meter readout?

~Marc

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about ricoh. I know that spotmatic had it.

Rino.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

estudleon wrote:
I don't know about ricoh. I know that spotmatic had it.

Rino.

Sorry, I need to correct you there slightly Rino. Jes and I have tested this out very thoroughly. The later Spotmatic SPF and ESII models have a balanced meter circuit design and show correct exposure when there is no current flow, so they can indeed cope with a fluctuating voltage. However, the meters in the earlier SP models and SPII are designed to show correct exposure when a tiny current is flowing thorough the meter, which requires a constant 1.35 volts from the battery.

Marc, if you can dig up a diagram or any other manufacturer's info on the meter circuit in the TLS maybe Jes and I can help. I found this page, it doesn't mention the meter circuit but maybe the author can help.
http://www.kyphoto.com/classics/ricoh401.html

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your probably aware of this site: http://www.butkus.org/chinon/batt-adapt-us.pdf
Certainly the most comprehensive article I've seen on the matter.

It offers a great many options/solutions for different batteries. It actually has a list that says that the Ricoh Singlex, which should follow the same basic design of the TLS, can take the 1.5v. Thanks

~Marc