Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need help with PK mount adapter...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:22 am    Post subject: Need help with PK mount adapter... Reply with quote

This was my first chipping of an adapter.
I'm using this on a Tamrom 500mm SP. Even though the lens is an Adaptall, it came with an intermediate PK mount adapter. So I bought a PK to 4/3 adapter to fit it in my Olympus E-510.

Now when I chipped the PK to 4/3 adapter I found out that the black lever on the PK side of the intermediate adapter hits the chip as shown in the pictures.

What's this lever for?
Can I saw it off? And glue it as if the lens was allways mounted?
Will it release the aperture mechanism on other lenses (The 500mm SP is fixed F8)?
I'll need this adapter to use on another PK mount lens too.
Thanks.

Last edited by duartix on Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the apreture conrloling lever. Cuting it will disable a PK mount camera body to control the aperture.
I don't know it it could be took out in a way that the process is reversable (isf you want to sell the lens/adapter)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

montecarlo wrote:
It's the apreture conrloling lever. Cuting it will disable a PK mount camera body to control the aperture.
I don't know it it could be took out in a way that the process is reversable (isf you want to sell the lens/adapter)

That was exactly my worry... If later I wanted to sell the lens where the adapter was it would loose some value, but alas, a co-worker with pretty clever hands (and little tools) just took out the lever, mounted the chipped adapter and put the lever back on.
Thanks.