Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Photo session with a child
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: Photo session with a child Reply with quote

These shots are from a session with a friend of mine's daughter, my first sort of assignment to photograph a child! I wouldn't have imagined it'd be so hard (and using manual focus lenses didn't make it easier).

I choosed to use Meyer's because I think they're perfect for human portraits, not too much sharp, beautiful bokeh and a warm color rendition.

Meyer Orestor 135/2.8

Meyer Orestor 100/2.8

Meyer Helioplan 40/4.5

Last edited by A G Photography on Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:40 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like them all. Favourite is #4

Did you use reflectors? 2,3,4 seem almost too bright in the faces? Might be my crappy monitor.

I like to take photos of kids too, but it can be stressed out sometimes. Very Happy.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zewrak wrote:
I like them all. Favourite is #4

Did you use reflectors? 2,3,4 seem almost too bright in the faces? Might be my crappy monitor.

I like to take photos of kids too, but it can be stressed out sometimes. Very Happy.

I used a golden reflector in #1,2,3, and 4 to have some warm light. Nothing on 5.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A G Photography wrote:
I used a golden reflector in #1,2,3, and 4 to have some warm light. Nothing on 5.

Bugger I need to get me a few reflectors. I've only used natural lights in all my shots. Dont have flash nor reflectors. It really makes a difference.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1 and #4 can't be better ! My favorite portrait lens also 135mm Meyer.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also had a flash on stand with me and an umbrella, but it proved useless with a child who did run wherever she wanted Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or my lcd is badly calibrated or yours! never seen orange skin before
edit: I just read about the golden reflector, awful result

this pp manipulation on a child face is not a good idea

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texture, boke, subjects - all magnificent, but I am with poilu on the skin tones. They look too golden on my monitor and slightly un-natural. Embarassed Embarassed

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
or my lcd is badly calibrated or yours! never seen orange skin before
edit: I just read about the golden reflector, awful result

Thanks for pointing it out. Actually it was not a reflector problem but a WB one (there's too much "yellow" also on the back, away from reflector light).

Sgrumpf... there's also a frigging load of difference when switching between color profiles (ProPhoto to sRGB).
Still working on it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alle I can't see them either Sad

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F16SUNSHINE wrote:

They should've been fixed now.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A G Photography wrote:
F16SUNSHINE wrote:

They should've been fixed now.

Much better.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh these are great!
Number one is a perfect moment.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent. I very much like the captures. I had the same problem with the orange but your fix is perfect. I've been wondering about the gold reflectors. Hmmm . . . I need to get one.

Thanks

Jules

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the lighting in the first one, really tough to make an oinker with such
a cute kid!