Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Hanimex 400/6.3: first samples
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:22 pm    Post subject: Hanimex 400/6.3: first samples Reply with quote

Here weather is ugly, however yesterday night I had a window of clear sky to test this 400/6.3 I received recently from Ian (thanks).
In fact, I wanted another "moon watcher", and this seems slightly better than my other cheap mirror lens . I have to do some other tests wil being less in a hurry.

This is a cell phone picture of the resulting cannon:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice result! I had one of these and it was also a good performing Tokina made lens.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful Enzo, I love the moon shot and the lens looks very nice with the EOS on the back.

Lenses should be used, this one was gathering dust on my shelf so it pleases me greatly that someone is using it now.

Can you tell me a little about how you took your moon shot, is that with the 400 alone then cropped or did you use a teleconverter as well?

I have only taken one picture of the moon, this one using my Tair-3C 300mm, I need to try again, I have three or four teleconverters I can try with the lens, I used just the lens for this moon shot though.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one is a 100% crop, no teleconverter (which is something I will try soon, although my TC is not really good).
1/320s, ISO200, tripod + Liveview and remote. Converted to b/w using the filter that gave better sharpness (this reduces Ca effects and enhances quality, try on yours), and then pp.

I'm glad to put it at work, thanks Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well done.

Moonshots are difficult, I have never managed a good one myself.

It takes patience and technique.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Very well done.

Moonshots are difficult, I have never managed a good one myself.

It takes patience and technique.

+1

Thanks for the PP tips Enzo, very cloudy here tonight but I will get the Tair and the teleconverters out on night.

I also have the 8/500 version of this lens in good condition so I will try that as well, could be interesting with a 3x TC...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:00 pm    Post subject: A couple more Reply with quote

Full moon is not the best time, however it was clear.
First is lens only, second with 2x teleconverter (Marexar, residual from my Zenit times), resized 50%. PP everywhere.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, those are both beautiful shots indeed!

I see little difference between the two although there appears to be a little more detail in some isolated portions of the first image.

I had to look at both images very very closely to spot any differences at all though so I think that TC is a good one.

I would never have imagined this lens was capable of such imagery, many thanks for showing me what it can do!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:20 pm    Post subject: With 60D: even better Reply with quote

I just changed camera and I wanted to try a Moon, again with Hanimex + tc.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a great capture Smile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got mooned ,
and I like it.....good work

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.
By the way, I did it in the late afternoon - wanted to try, and result is very good. I exposed for the moon so sky has been lost.

And later I made some hand-held attempt, increasing ISO to 1000 (something more difficult with my previous camera), to shoot at 1/640. Not the same, but not bad.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Enzo, great shots!

As soon as we get a night where the moon is visible here (not seen it for over a week) I want to try my monster Wollensak Apo Raptar on it, when I do I will pick your brains as to how to PP the shots.