Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon 5200mm f/14
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:21 pm    Post subject: Canon 5200mm f/14 Reply with quote

Ebay

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your titel misses the most important fact - the increadible f=5200mm focal length!!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Your titel misses the most important fact - the increadible f=5200mm focal length!!!

*grin*

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to think of something funny to say but I'm lost for words.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note the last picture he put up with a SLR mounted to it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fixed title.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"This is the only ultra-telephoto lens in the world capable of taking photographs of objects 18 to 32 miles away"
I'd imagine at such distances haze would be such a factor it wouldn't be worth a light most of the time. What a waste of money it would be then. I wonder if the Chinese purchasers were using it as part of their space programme ie, ground observation.
Anyway, I must go and drag out my perfectly ordinary lenses that for years have been capable of taking photographs of objects 18 to 32 miles away without me realising they were unique.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes! Finally! I would go for it, I mean it's a bargain, but I cannot afford the shipping. What a shame! Wink

I like this question: "Are you able to supply this with a 2x converter? A 1.4 will also do the job nicely." Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if it has a tripod mount...(I'm pretty sure that my trusty Bogan tripod will hold that lens. Laughing ).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That piece is indeed missing the special 3D mount it came with, the nitrogen tanks to keep the mirror dry and other pieces such a lens needs before it can be professionally used.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ha, the shipping alone to my address would cost nearly another 1000 USD...... I don't see this lens selling anytime in the near future. I wonder how much the current owner paid for it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the beast

http://www.canonfd.com/mirrorlenses/pages/page10.html

To bad that Orio can't have it.
He doesn't ship to Italy.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, let me just move some funds around....ehem.... Laughing

~Marc