Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

aye! aye! new toy again! Oly OM2!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: aye! aye! new toy again! Oly OM2! Reply with quote

Its SUPER to use ( i think it's even better to use than my Nikon FE, and the Zuiko 50mm 1.8 standard lens is wonderfully small! )

Some test shots on Fujifilm Professional 400 ( Too neutral for my liking, probably best used for portrait work! I had to PP some of the shots )

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love all these shots, Merelyok! Great atmosphere in the indoor pics, and
the comp of the cat is superb!

Congrats for your new toy!

Bill

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The OM 2(n) camera is a classic, and the Zuiko lenses are excellent performers. I've owned 4 or 5 OM-2n cameras over the years, as well as a bag-full of Zuiko lenses, and I NEVER had a problem crop up with any of it. Have fun with your new OM-2!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also love mine very much, simple powerful! Congrats!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe... welcome to the OM Club! You'll see now why they made such a stir in their day.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will start collecting Zuikos now - you will never have money in your pocket again after a 21/2, 50/1.2, 85/2, 100/2...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol.

Right now i'm looking at the 50mm 1.4, then probably a wide angle!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the 50/1.4 have not very good bokeh - the f1.2 50mm/55mm are much nicer.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just bought the OM-1, how about this version and the different between OM-1 w OM-2(n) ? How much does it cost in mint condition?
Tks.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoami0770 wrote:
I've just bought the OM-1, how about this version and the different between OM-1 w OM-2(n) ? How much does it cost in mint condition?
Tks.

I have no idea on the prices, but eventho the OM1(n) & OM2(n) are built on the same body, as cameras they are "night & day". The OM1n is a totally manual, mechanical camera, and only requires batteries for the meter, where the OM2n is an electronic manual/automatic camera that won't do a thing without batteries in it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

glockman99 wrote:
hoami0770 wrote:
Tks.

I have no idea on the prices, but eventho the OM1(n) & OM2(n) are built on the same body, as cameras they are "night & day". The OM1n is a totally manual, mechanical camera, and only requires batteries for the meter, where the OM2n is an electronic manual/automatic camera that won't do a thing without batteries in it.

Oh, I'd like the full manual. Tks glockman99 Smile