Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Information about Lens Mounts.Does a complete document exist
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject: Information about Lens Mounts.Does a complete document exist Reply with quote

Damn i post too much.. Sorry for the topic pollution if i'm causing any.. It's just that i am a little overwhelmed with all the information thats new to me..

Does a good document exist on the lens mounts, historically explaining all the major mount systems.. Everyone is familiar with the newer mounts that are currenty being produced but as one gets involved in the wonderful world of vintage lenses, it gets a bit confusing..

And if not, i wonder if anyone lurking in these pages is planning on writing one.. From what i see, there is quite a lot of brainy and knowledgeable people here.

Maybe a document can be gathered bit by bit with some posts by these polymath fellas.. And if this is to be done, what better place than THIS forum..

Such a "Hitchhikers Guide to Lens Mounts" could not only be a good reading for the curious but it could prove useful as a reference when buying different mounts.. And spread to the community proudly bearing the signature of the forum and the contributers..

But then again if such document exists.. How can i get one? any link?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Information about Lens Mounts.Does a complete document e Reply with quote

http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-99.html

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great.. I looked for it so much that i almost believed such thing does not exist..

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

using Google is not that simple sometimes...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
using Google is not that simple sometimes...

wrong choice of keywords i guess..

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is what I meant with tricky....

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My list is not complete, but I have tried to cover the mounts that you're likely to find a third-party lens in. If you find something that you can't identify from that page, feel free to email me some photos of it and I'll see if I can figure out what it is. Someone came to me with a Contarex mount lens recently, but I didn't add it to the page.....

~ ~ ~ ~~~~~ ~ ~ ~

Looking at that page just now, I noticed that some of the compatibility comments at the top are obsolete, it hasn't been updated since the Olympus E-1 was a new arrival. I just added some notes about cross-compatibility with lens adapters that have become available since I last updated the page. I didn't change any of the other content though.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know the story of the Practina bayonet mount? Was it actually unique?

patrickh

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think yes.