Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I need a health insurance!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:38 pm    Post subject: I need a health insurance! Reply with quote

A few days back I felt feverish and stayed at home. Early in the early afternoon I checked what was happening on German eBay. I had decided that I will NOT buy anything for a while, but couldn´t resist a quick glance.

But what did I see – an AI´d 24 mm/2.8 Nikkor-N.C, starting price 54,99 Euros, 0 bids so far and only 1 h 45 mins bidding time left. A man must do what a man must do, so I made a bid, though I already have an AIS version of the 24. And guess what, I was the only bidder and won the lens at the starting price. I wonder, who makes an eBay auction ending early in the Wednesday afternoon?

And the story doesn´t end here... a few hours later, I decided to stay away from eBay, but logged in on a Finnish camera discussion site. Inevitably I checked also the Buy/Sell subforum and there was this guy selling all his Nikon and Hasselblad equipment. He was asking 135 euros for a 20mm f/3.5 AI-Nikkor. After a quick glance over my shoulder to confirm that my wife didn´t see, I sent him a note that I´ll buy it...
I was able to collect the lens during the weekend. Here´s the picture

The 24 mm hasn´t arrived yet. I´ll take some comparison shots with the 24/2.8 AI-S when I´ll get the older version.

Can´t afford to be sick any more..

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! I envy you! Two excellent bargains!! Congrats!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent Mark!

I too have been dealing with this dilemma
Having been at home with a disc problem. The forum and ebay have received a LOT of attention.

Congrats on your new lens. The 20mm looks really nice.
Looking forward for some samples.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, bargains both. Both lenses to love

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Home with a bad back is how I got at least half of the equipment I currently own Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maddog10 wrote:
Home with a bad back is how I got at least half of the equipment I currently own Very Happy

Hum, I wonder how so many people end up with a bad back on this community...
Lens lifting?