Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Something Fishy
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:38 am    Post subject: Something Fishy Reply with quote

Two shots from my Zenitar 16mm f/2.8 Fisheye. If you're looking for a quality wide-angle lens, look no further! Cool

Please click on the images for larger versions.

Last Light

Quadrant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zenitar had no quality control at all, some of them superb some of them crappy soft. If you get a crappy one you should hunt for a better one, no receipt which one is superb just luck and trial.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that first one is stunning, excellent capture.

I almost bought a zenitar 16mm, but after hearing about the QC issues such as mentioned above, I have instead turned to acquiring an smc PENTAX FISH-EYE 1:4 17mm.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's very much the case with many old lenses, I think I have been lucky. If mine is a bad example then I couldn't possibly imagine what a good example is like! Shocked

It's soft at f/2.8, it has that ethereal blurriness that appears to be intentional and occurs in many lenses, stopped down it's tack-sharp!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have a good copy for sure, lemon one is soft at all aperture.