Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Looking for a wide-fisheye M42?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:50 am    Post subject: Looking for a wide-fisheye M42? Reply with quote

Price is the issue of preferance.. should have focal shorter than 20mm.. the shorter the better..

Doesn't have to be referred as "excellent IQ" at all.. Just to try some shots.. Looked around but each is above 200$.. Nothing usable below 100$?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vivitar 19mm or similar perhaps or with defected aperture, fungused.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a wide-fisheye M42? Reply with quote

Throndor wrote:
Price is the issue of preferance.. should have focal shorter than 20mm.. the shorter the better..

Doesn't have to be referred as "excellent IQ" at all.. Just to try some shots.. Looked around but each is above 200$.. Nothing usable below 100$?

Hmmm, thats a pretty low budget...I was going to suggest the Pelang 8mm f3.5 fish-eye but new price is a bit over your budget and you almost never see them being sold second hand.
The Zenitar 16mm f2.8 Fish-eye is a lot cheaper but it wont give you the ultra fish-eye look you may be looking for and that you could get with the Pelang.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a Cosina 3.8/20 for about € 55,- and a Vivitar 3.5/17 for a little more. But both lenses have a Nikon mount.
It will be hard to find a good M42 ultra wide lens fir that money...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder what a narrow-fisheye would be??

Or is a super 220degrees fisheye meant like the 2.8/6mm Nikkor?
Just " a little bit" over the budget ... @EUR25.000 street price.

There is a cheap one on the market, comes in different brand names with 12mm, cropped circular image, not worth the money at all!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange, I feel like I have already answered this question... It must have happened in a parallel universe.

Cheers!

Abbazz

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

17mm f/4 Fisheye Takumar ?

They seem to go for $200-250, maybe you canfind one at the lower end.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm.. I guess i am gonna have to stick with the shorter end of the 18-55 kit lens..

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abbazz wrote:
Strange, I feel like I have already answered this question... It must have happened in a parallel universe.

Cheers!

Abbazz

Some need it twice to get it right once....BIGGRIN

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How poor an IQ do you need? I have seen them made from the security peepholes for a door.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hacksawbob wrote:
How poor an IQ do you need? I have seen them made from the security peepholes for a door.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's harsh. What about a LOMO fisheye ?

Last edited by sichko on Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:06 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess same Confused

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otw9FsBY224

http://www.flickr.com/groups/37821170@N00/pool/

Laughing Laughing

It's creative to say the least Cool

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing MF lens Wink

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or what about a wide angle converter ? There are lots on ebay. Tokina x0.22 for ~35 GBP. 58 mm converts to 13mm, 50 to 11, 35 to 8, 28 to 6. If IQ is really not an issue then it may be worth a try. I've certainly though about trying one.