Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikkor 28/2.8 non-AI
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: Nikkor 28/2.8 non-AI Reply with quote

Turns out that it was not an AI or AIS which supposedly has a better coating (me speculating) and therefore doesn't return the same level of contrasty images. I hope it's just as sharp though.

Anyways, looks great and also mechanically great so I'm not too sad about the $90 price tag. Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few shots from last couple of days

f8

f5.6

f8

f5.6

f5.6

f4

f4? unprocessed

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like the lens does a very nice job....Very sharp, and the contrast looks fine to me.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My fav is #1 , all of them shows a very good quality lens in right hands!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superb lens, nice shots with great composition!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrific fotal. In fact the latest 28/2.8 AF is not anywhere near as good as these older ones. I think Attila will agree that the 28/2.8 AIS with min focus at 0.2m is probably the best of them all. Whata greta series of shots demmonstrating how good this lens can be and I agree about the contrast looks fine in these. Did you do any PP?

patrickh

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks all.

As to post processing, yes to all but the last one. Three things that stand out on my copy: sharpness, color and contrast.
No fancy post, only to dial down the brighter parts while maintaining details in the darker areas and adjusting the White Balance, and some other small things as straighten and crop etc.

I'm impressed by the sharpness this lens delivers. I hoped it was good but could not imagine it would be this good.
I also think it handles ghosting and flare very nicely but the usual CA is pressent fully opened up with strong highlights and the good news is that it's practically gone already by f4.

It's definately a trustworthy performer.