Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Opinion Canon FD TS 2,8/35
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:32 am    Post subject: Opinion Canon FD TS 2,8/35 Reply with quote

I converted Canon FD TS 2,8/35mm to EF mount and surprised about the quality of this lens. In the past time I used just super angulon Leica R 2,8/28 and olympus shift 2,8/35.
Yesterday I took some pictures in the near of my city, it was a pity that I didn't take the other lens(Leica, Olympus).
The results can be seen at http://www.flickr.com/photos/29149282@N07/
Any opinion about the results of this lens would be appreciated
Regards

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After Leica and Olympus your was surprised ... must be a very good lens!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:19 am    Post subject: >>> great ! Reply with quote

hi,
great pictures,

do you have any pictures about converting this lens?
how did you know that the last element wont touch the mirror?

mit freundlichen gruessen

r schneider

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Attila
Well, the mechanical movement on Canon TS is different in compare to Leica, Olympus. The Schleimpflug principle is realised, DOF is more compare to the other competitions.
BTW it can be turned from 0 until 270 degree

@rsrsrs
Unfortunately, I didn't make any pictures during my conversion. But in this case (Canon TS lens) , the whole glass are disappear behind the mechanical part. Nothing will hit the mirror.
What you have to do is just to mount the new EF mount, of course after modification the last mechanical part ( I measure from the red scale to the new EF Mount 8mm).

Regards

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks very good to me.