Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tessar 2.8/80 maintenance problem
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Tessar 2.8/80 maintenance problem Reply with quote

The IRIS moves very slow and needs cleaning. Anybody knows how to open it? The technican returns it to me after 2 hours of trying.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very rare lens, I don't think so you will get any answer Sad

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a new technician - it is plain impossible that a qualified tech can't open a lens (except plastic welded cheapos), even less so one where the manufacturer still can be phoned.

Sevo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you could post pictures.

A few Zeiss like the Triotar 135 were very unusual and hard to open.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this ebay item:
Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw with my very eyes a friend technician who couldn't open an old alu sonnar 135/4. Actually he could open it but at risk of ruining the front lens as it was blocked by the long years of dust and dirt.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If thats the lens, it looks like there are no screws visible on the barrel or focusing ring ?

If so, it might be like the triotar. Look inside the lens mount, there may be a pair of slots on a tube inside. You will need a tool to rotate the tube (I used an old key and pliers). That unlocks the whole lens.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
If thats the lens, it looks like there are no screws visible on the barrel or focusing ring ?

If so, it might be like the triotar. Look inside the lens mount, there may be a pair of slots on a tube inside. You will need a tool to rotate the tube (I used an old key and pliers). That unlocks the whole lens.

Yep, no screws visible. He tried with a special instrument that sticks into the focus ring so to force it to move but with no results. Well, I made a gift of that lens having another one.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Photo of my Tessar 2.8/80[/img]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice lens !

Looks a lot like the Triotar and Biotar 75

Look inside the lens mount, there might be a tube with a couple of slots.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look around the outside circumference of the black filter ring for a small locking grubscrew as the Biotar 75 has this.

In the case of the Biotar, slackening this screw allows the front half of the lens to be unscrewed from the mount containing the aperture and rear element.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIRC there should be a grub screw or spring pin (these can be hard to remove - they can only be pushed in in some particular positions) on the circumference of the body.

Sevo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your advise. But, there isn't any screw or pin.